Friday, December 31, 2010

Book Review: Snakehead (Book 95 out of 100)

This was the longest and scariest Alex Rider book. Organ sellers, double agents, and, of course, the resident mad man. But I won't go into details, because as I always say you need to read the book. I will tell there's lots of ups and downs, including one high point and one low point in particular at least in my opinion.

The book also represents the return of Scopia, always I bad sign for Alex or any justice minded person. Both bad men in this case are disabled, which doesn't appeal to me. I think it's a stereotype and one I don't appreciate, but least one of them was mad to begin with. His disability status doesn't contribute to his craziness. The second one was driven insane when he was mistreated by his boss after his disability occurrence. I felt kind of bad for him, but still descrimination doesn't equate to murder. If you are reading this review as you are reading the book, I might have given you too much of a clue. But maybe you won't pick it up. Let me know.

I rate this book a 9. It's my third favorite Alex book. You'll be surprised on last disc; I was.

No comments:

Post a Comment