Friday, December 31, 2010

Book Review: Artemis Fowl and the Opal Deception (Book 39 of 100)

found Artemis Fowl and the Opal Deception and finished it today. It tells the story of Opal Koboi and her fake coma and cloning (the fairies are way more advanced than us in this regard). It also tells how Artemis Fowl got his fairy memory back. He was mind wiped (given severe amnesia), in exchange for fairy help in book three.

I liked the book. It was faced paced and easy to listen to, a treat for my overtaxed activist brain, post DC travels. Nothing Earth shattering happened in this book, but I was not looking for Earth shattering, I wanted entrainment.

Once again, I liked the fact that women and children were not considered idiotic or helpless. Eoin Colfer seems to one of the few writers capable of doing this. Most writers cannot even manage to accomplish one, must less both as Colfer does. I rate this book an 8/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment