Friday, December 31, 2010

Book Review: Mr. Monk and the Dirty Cop (Book 87 of 100)

fter Mr.monk gets fired from his consulting job due to captain Stottlemeyer's embarrassment and budget cuts he goes to work for inner tech a consulting firm funded by an ex police officer. Mr.Monk is so overwhelmed with work he solves 200 murders in two days but cant help the captain when he is accused of murder. Poor Randy has to arrest him which I gather must be hard to do to your idol. But in the end everything turns out all right. However I won't tell you how because you should read the book.

Every time I read Le Goldberg books i am amazed that someone can write that well,spends all his time writing for tv,if i were him I would be plotting the great American novel. The man has enough talent to create it, his only problem is that TV pays more.

I rate this book a 8 1/2 out of 10. It doesn't follow the TV series exactly but you can get a good idea of what goes on.The thing I liked best is that the books are always written from Natelie's perspective, it gives people good insight in to what the life a personal care assistant ( which is what she is) goes through. I shudder to think to what any of my assistants would say if they wrote a book about me.

So whether or not you are a monk tv fan you should read this book, it is funny and will keep you guessing. I hadnt figured out the mystery until the end of the book myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment