Thursday, December 30, 2010

Book Review: Artemis Fowl and the Eternity Code (Book 36 of 100)

I liked this book. It read much faster than book #2, which (as you know) I didn’t care for the pacing of. Artemis is up to his old tricks, he’s manufactured a cube from stolen fairy technology that will render all computers obsolete. He tries to make a deal with very shady American businessman Jon Spiro, it goes horribly wrong. Butler (his best friend and bodyguard) is shot and only saved by the antics of one Captain Holly Short of The LEP (fairy police). But that doesn’t go entirely well either and Butler ages about a decade.

After the fairy technology is stolen by Spiro, the fairies get it back with help from Artemis, Butler, and Butler’s overly excitable sister Juliet. In exchange, Artemis agrees to undergo the dreaded “mind wipe”. Will Artemis unlearn all the lessons the fairies have taught him and go make to being the horrible “mud boy” we met in book one or will some teachings stick with him? You’ll just have to wait and see.

I rate this book an 8.5 out of ten. I was happy to learn more about Juliet, who was a more central figure to this tale. Artemis also became more human, underneath that tough exterior his just a confused adolescent. This book made that more clear than ever. I have all six books now. I’m going to take them with me on my travels. I’ll have, hopefully, three more reviews to post for you (at least) when I return.

No comments:

Post a Comment