Thursday, December 30, 2010

Atemis Fowl and the Arctic Incident (Book 32 of 100)

This was the second book the Artemis Fowl Series. I liked it. In this book, Artrmis’s father is found with help from his fairy colleagues. He’s kidnapped by the Russian mob, of all things! Artemis has been enrolled in school after his mother has recovered from her depressive episode. The boy genesis hates his school, never goes outside, and still has his schemes.

Another favorite character is back in this book, Capt. Holly Short of the LEP (once again, fairy police). This time she needs Artemis’s help. The underworld (fairyland) is under siege. Goblins are running amuck and no one knows why.

I didn’t enjoy this book as much as the first in the series. I think may be because I was familiar with the uniqueness of Artemis. I felt like this with Harry Potter, too. Something you can never get back is the discovery of a new story character.

Even though, I didn’t enjoy this book as much as the first, but I still like it. I rate this book a 7/10. It was fun, if it dragged in places. I’m looking forward to reading the rest of Artemis books, which I’ve ordered from the library.

No comments:

Post a Comment