Friday, December 31, 2010

Book Review: Lost in a Good Book (Book 47 of 100)

Lost in a Good Book is the next chapter of the Thursday Next Adventures by Jasper Fforde. I've been kind of under the weather today. And as always when I'm under the weather, a good book helps keep me sane. I like this second installment much better than the first. It made more sense, but that may have just been because I wasn't accidentally replaying parts I already played without realizing it.

So much happens to poor Thursday in this book, I've lost count of her misfortunes. Her husband is eradicated which is apparently something they do in this universe without much thought. She gets an F evaluation at work. Her father dies--sort of. And she almost comes to our world, but decided against it. I realized the list of events I've outlined seem a little confusing, but don't worry, so is the book. One you read it, it all makes a weird kind of sense.

I rate this book a 7 out of 10. Half a more readable than the first novel. Still, not exactly my cup of tea. My favorite characters in the book are Dodos, Neanderthals and Thursday. I know I'm supposed to like Landon, but he doesn't do it for me, although I'm sorry about his eradication.

All that said, I think most people would enjoy this book. Just be careful not to think too hard about it while you read, your head might explode.

No comments:

Post a Comment