Friday, December 31, 2010

Book Review: The Pilgrims of Rayne Pendragon Book 8 (Book 42 of 100)

I haven’t read any Pendragon in a while, but decided that I should finish it so I could return it to the audiobook club in case someone else wants to read it. I love Pendragon, but needed a break from the Pendragon saga. In this story, Bobby journeys to the territory of Ebarra. They are advanced in some ways, but not others.

This story has more twists and turns than I was expecting. Every moment I thought I’d had the book figured out it had one my surprise for me. I still love Marc and Courtney, Bobby’s best friend and would be girl (if he could ever get his life in order) . I was horrified to learn that ultimate geek boy Marc was responsible for much horror. Poor, destroyed Marc has too much to process.

The questions this book with make you think about are, in no order, what price freedom? Is it worth giving up curiosity and self-direction? I’m not sure. I’m also not sure if this is not some mythical Bible retelling designed for teens.

I’d rate this book a 8.75 out of 10. The ending will shock, shock, shock you. I’m still a big ball of stunned.

No comments:

Post a Comment