Friday, December 31, 2010

Book Review: The Lord God Made Them All (Book 63 of 100)

I liked the book, the 4th volume of the James Harriot autobiography. It seemed a bit more disorganized than the other 3 books. Rosie, his daughter, was born in the course of this book. I was disappointed that he was so sexist towards his daughter wanting to be a country vet. But then again it was olden times.

I also don't understand why his journey to Istanbul kept coming up and it was really random when it was discussed. As much as that angle confused me, I thoroughly enjoyed the tales of disabled people and their animal companions and hardened pet owners, who are often thought of as nasty being who care little about anything, who cries when beloved pets die.

I rate this book an 8. I didn't like it as much as the other three volumes, but I still think it was worth a read. I have two more Harriot books to read in my house. I hope they are better than The Lord God Made Them All.

No comments:

Post a Comment