Friday, December 31, 2010

Book Review: Artemis Fowl and the Time Paradox (Book 41 of 100)

Artemis Fowl and the Time Paradox is the last Artemis book so far, although a new one is scheduled out in August—Yay! I also have gotten the non-series Artemis book from the library and I’m looking forward to reading it to get over my Artemis withdrawal. Google search reveals that there is also a book written for World Book Day. Yay for more Artemis!

In this case, Artemis makes his mother sick and when he attempts to cure her with his stolen magic, she gets a fatal fairy sickness. He must travel back in time with the help of Number One, the little demon/warlock from the lost colony, and Officer Short to save her. In order to get them to break fairy law he must lie to them and blame his mother’s illness on their healing efforts. Bad move, Artemis! I don’t know about you, but this last thing I want is pissed off Holly Short.

Artemis also forgot that he would have to contend with his younger self. Artemis at 10 is the evil mud boy version, not our nice (sometimes) present day Artemis. It’s boy genius vs. boy genius, plus Opal Koboi, evil pixie from Hell. As the good version of Artemis says, “There are people who deserve to be dropped into a jungle with only flip flops and a spoon.” and he’s devoted to doing just that.

I liked this story. It was longest Artemis story, thus far (8 disks). I’m really into time travel, so this book was a nice blend of interests. I didn’t like the ending. It made no sense. It’s worse a read. I’d rate it an 8.5 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment