Friday, December 31, 2010

Book Review: James Harriot's Favorite Dog Stories (Book 68 of 100)

This three disc book is collection of vet Jim Harriot's favorite dog tales. I'd heard all the tales but one and that may be included in Every Living Thing, which I haven't read yet. I'm waiting for it to arrive from my audiobook club; it's in the mail they say.

The introduction was also new material to me. I was saddened by how effected Mr. Harriott was over the death of his beloved dog. If Richard (my cat) was similarly taken, I would also be sad. Like Mr. Harriott, I think it would be a good idea to get another pet at that time, so I wouldn't be so sad over Richard's passing.

My favorite Harriot dog story. The one about the neglected little boy and his beloved dog. Perhaps it was not included because it a sad story and he only wanted to have happy stories. I rate this story a 7.6. It's not as good or as complete as the books. Perhaps it would be a good introduction to Harriott, however.

No comments:

Post a Comment