Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Reminders of Luminescence

"My name is Malcolm. I'm 7 years old. I'm sending you this money because I don't think it's fair that gay people are not treated equally." According to an e-mail from the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) in this morning the note we received recently with a donation from Malcolm after his grandmother gave him $20 for each year of his life to donate to charity. If a 7 year old can help other people, why can't we all put aside a little money for that purpose. I don't know who you have Malcom, but you made me smile and made my day, You made me believe in our humanity as a civilization; something that recent governmental actions (such as President Obama's not signing onto MiCASSA after he promised the disability community that he would do so- and we voted for him due to said promises).

I say into you, Sir Malcom, who is wise far beyond his seven years, thank you more than you can know. Too often, we are convinced that the world is awful (even those of us who are naturally optimistic).

No comments:

Post a Comment