Monday, February 14, 2011

Book Review: The Paris Option (book 20 of 150)

Dr. Martin 'Marty' Joseph Zellerbach again returns as a main character in this book. He is the victim of an explosion that also targets fellow computer genius Emile Chambord. Like before, he is very functional accept for the coma he begins the book in, despite his severe autism.

We also see Peter Howl and Randi Russell again. This is a thankful change of pace from the bioterrorism angle and for that I'm grateful. But I'm not much of a computer person (and certainly don't understand what on Earth a DNA computer is) and the book doesn't really do that good of a job of explaining actually what it was. I hate when technology novels do that. I'm a writer and know that such exposition takes up precious pages, but it is necessary to make one's readers happy.

This book has lots of twists and turns and I liked it in a somewhat confused way. It's a 6.5!

No comments:

Post a Comment