Friday, August 27, 2010

The Reality Bug- Pendragon Book 4 (Book 22 of 100)

I read the entire book, 375 pages, in two days even though I slept late both days. The reality bug tells a story of a territory called Veelox. Bobby Pendragon has been sent there to battle the evil St. Dane with the help of that territories traveler, AJA Killian. The problem on Veelox that St. Dane is trying to take advantage of is that everybody there is obsessed with virtual reality. I don't mean that they use technology the healthy way as we do here (for the most part). I mean that they're so obsessed with their fantasy world that they neglect real life, other people, and responsibilities. Houses and towns are in shambles and no one cares or even notices because they're so wrapped up in there perfect virtual world.

I'm not going to give away much plot because I think you should read the book. But, I'll tell you this. The ending will surprise you. It floored me, and I'm pretty familiar with Pendragon. All I can say is think of Harry Potter VI. If you are bright, that should give you a clue.

I'd rate this book an 8.5 out of 10. It's my favorite Pendragon so far. The only thing I'm disappointed in is that they have decided to let Mark become the leader between himself and Courtney. Mind you, that I'm glad Mark is stepping out of his shy, geek supporting role. But, I don't know why the author had to make Courtney become a helpless person just so he could do that. Couldn't he have left Courtney as a strong individual while giving Mark at long last (and this description may be a bit off color but I have no other way to describe it adequately) a pair of balls? Apparently not.

But that is an unnecessary digression. Even though I'm more than a little pissed at what happens to Courtney, I still think you should read this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment