Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Book Review: Black, & White, and Dead All Over (Book 19 of 100)

I loved John Darton's latest novel. It was a newspaper novel, complete with all the intrigue of a murder mystery housed in a room full of writers. The story is about Jude, a newspaper reporter from New York, who is assigned to cover the news room murders. If you like mysteries or even if you don't (I'm mostly the latter), I think you'll enjoy this one. It especially suited the writer in me. It begins with the murder of an editor, followed by 2 others.

I was drawn on several wild goose chases in this novel. That's the mark of a good mystery novel. One thing I was confused by was the fact that this main character had the same name as a main character from The Experiment, who had the same occupation to boot. At first, I thought this was some sort of weird prequel, but I guess not.

I rate this an 8 out 10. I don't want to reveal too much of the plot. I hope you enjoy it. I think you might. Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment